Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas to all...

This past year has been quite a year.  We've tried to stay positive and faithful and keep our sense of humor.  I won't speak for David, but I've been successful some of the time.  I don't always think "Life is Good" every minute of every day - sometimes the opposite.  I hope it counts for something that I've at least tried, and that I also try to "own" my very less than perfect moments.  And then I try again to do better the next day.  And the next day, and the next day...  

Our hearts are especially full at this time of year, as I'm sure yours are.  I'm in a glass-is-half-full moment right now (as opposed to a half-empty attitude, which I've had my share of).  While things aren't exactly how I imagined them or wanted them to be, I can also see that things could have been much worse.  We have a lot to be grateful for.  It's been wonderful to be together as a family, and to have Ferry (an old mission companion of Alex') here with us, too!  We just finished reading the story of the Savior's birth from the scriptures and singing songs.  I love my little family; I love my friends.  Have a wonderful Christmas.
...to all a good night,
name blue one fell swoop fuller

Carroll Christmas 2009

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo! Two of our missionaries in that picture--what a wonderful treat for us to see. Thank you for sharing! And please tell both of those fine men hello from us. Merry, Merry Christmas to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas my friend! I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leann, Thank you for being real & honest about your struggles. It certainly can't be easy for either of you. I think you are wonderful! What a Merry Christmas it must have been to all of your children home.
    -Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is beautiful! And you dont' age .. .sorry I haven't been blog reading much the past couple of months. I am so glad to see Dave standing there in your living room! Life is a real hoot and a holler, isn't it? Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linn - thank you! They are wonderful.
    Cheryl - I wish we lived closer!
    Sherrie - thanks. If the experience wasn't hard, it would defeat the whole purpose of life. And I'm not ashamed for people to know that I'm far from perfect, but still plugging away on that road to perfection.
    Heidi - thanks for your love, support and well-wishes. Unfortunately, I have quite a lot of wrinkles close-up. I'm sure my years of trying to get a tan as a teenager in California have a lot to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Leann, we haven't heard from you for a while and wonder whats new! Hope all is well. Know that we love you and think of you both.
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Leann! I just received your Christmas card here in Doha, Qatar. Yes, today is March 23rd so I'm behind a little on your news. I'm sorry about your husband's struggle with health issues - it sounds like things are progressing in a positive way now? Hope so. Praying for your family. Cydney

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roxanne - thanks for your continued concern. He's back at work but still not able to drive, but we are coming to accept that if things never get better than this. Love you.
    Cydney - good to hear from you on the other side of the world! Thank you for your prayers - they are always, always welcome.

    ReplyDelete