We called our neighbors Jane and Rob who went through this several years ago. They have been wonderful! (I am adopting their acronym POP = Prayer, Optimism, and Positivity) They gave us the name of Rob's surgeon, Dr. Allan Friedman, at Duke Hospital. I hand-delivered medical reports, and CDs of the MRI and angiogram and they called us back several days later to set up a consultation with them. We are now in the process of gathering information and opinions and hope to come to an inspired decision on which doctor to go with. We'll keep you posted on what we decide.
We kept the news of David's condition to ourselves and only a few others at first, until we knew more specifics and had the chance to talk to the kids about it. We are so grateful we were able to fly out to BYU in Utah and tell them in person - it's just not the kind of thing you want to tell your children over the phone! We spent a week there and had a great visit with them. I especially loved attending BYU’s Choral Showcase to see Steven and Alex singing in their choirs. (I also sang in the choirs at BYU, as did my father!)
Just before the concert - aren't they handsome?!!
At Brick Oven with the Issa's and Cosmo:
Courtney + Cosmo = 2 cool cats
I just love them!!
BYU Parent's Weekend, the BYU vs. Colorado State game, an encounter with Cosmo (and the Issa's!) at Brick Oven, attending all 3 childrens' Sacrament meetings, attending the Salt Lake temple with Alex and my parents, meeting roommates and friends - that time together as a family was a real highlight so far, in all of this.

This is the first I have heard of this and I am so glad that you are doing a blog in order to keep us all updated. You will all be in our prayers! Heidi
ReplyDeleteDavid and Leann - we love and support you. Your family has done so much to bless ours, I hope we can do something in return. Please let us know.
ReplyDeleteAl and Regi
Thank you for sharing this. You have been, and are again, a great example of POP for me.
ReplyDeleteChristine Birmingham
Hey Dave and Leann,
ReplyDeleteWhat can anyone say???? Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the kids. We're sending hugs your way! Please let us know if there is anything you need that we can help with. Take care,
Liz, Reid and crew