Thank you for all of your overwhelming love and support! Please keep the prayers coming. I don't think it's unusual for there to be some hiccups along the way, and we are having a few with David. Too much cerebrospinal fluid was starting to collect and put lots of pressure on his brain, so late last night they did a endoscopic third ventriculostomy to remove the pressue. He had gone from knowing who I was, where we were, etc., to not even knowing me, and becoming less responsive. His vision is also not clear. They took him for an MRI last night, and another this afternoon, this time with contrast. Later tonight I should hear back on the results. Dr. Friedman is not ruling out the possibility of going in again to correct any problems that the MRI might be showing. They are keeping him heavily sedated to help in the healing process, but when he is awake, he knows who I am now, since having the ventriculostomy.
I am trying to keep my faith strong and stay positive. Thank you for your prayers - please don't stop! I'll post an update either later tonight or tomorrow. With much love and gratefulness,
MRI Update
It looks like some of the issues David was having last night were due to a small stroke. It is affecting his vision and some slight weakness on his right side. A little bump in the road, but one we'll just get to the other side of and work through. I have read your messages aloud to him, and he has really enjoyed them. Even laughed at some. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

We're still thinking and praying for you Leann and Dave. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteThe Hughes Family
Praying for a safe and expedient recovery! Our thoughts are with you.
ReplyDeleteWe will keep praying hard.
ReplyDeleteLikewise .. we have continued and will continue praying for you both,
ReplyDeleteThank you for the updates. We hope you are holding up well, Leann, and getting some rest. We are praying for David's full recovery. We wish you the best.
ReplyDelete~Sherrie & Mike Bass
We too are keeping you both in our thoughts and prayers - thank you for the updates and hope you are doing well yourself.
ReplyDelete~ Joanie
Hang in there Mr. Carroll. You can and will pull through this...I know it. Stay strong...your faith is very inspiring.
ReplyDeleteWe love you and keep praying for you.
ReplyDeleteStill praying fervently for you all... We're sorry about these bumps in the road but we have no doubt that you'll get past them. Love you guys.
ReplyDeleteWe have both of you in our prayers. Leann, your positive attitude will go along way in speeding the healing for Dave, especially knowing you are there for him. I am praying for your continued physical strength and health through this difficult time. You are both such a strong witness for the Christian faith.
ReplyDeleteJim and I will put the cans out for you this week on trash day and will be happy to do anything else you need around the house. I would be happy to take care of the cats, etc. to give you a little extra time. Please call for anything and at anytime!!!
Love, Dara and Jim