Happy Thanksgiving! It seems like an appropriate occasion to post a comment after a small break. It has been a while since writing and I am honestly not clear on all the details since the last time I've written. But I figure I am sufficiently through the woods on this experience that I can chime in again.
It is a quiet evening at home. I was released from the hospital Wednesday night and got home in time for bed. We had a standing invitation with the Bodhaine's to join them if possible for Thanksgiving dinner, so we called and made sure the offer was still good. It was and we really enjoyed it! And I got to hear all the details about the Turkey Bowl without experiencing any of the associated soreness.
It has been quite the journey thus far. I haven't been one to wish for somethiing other than what life sends me, so I am content to learn the lessons that are to be mine from this experience. I'm sure those lessons will come with time. For now, I'm grateful to have another day.
Talk again soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Although I am very grateful for the many updates from your lovely wife Leann, I must say it is a welcome sight to see you "up and posting" again! So glad you guys got to spend Thanksgiving together and not in the hospital! Looking forward to "hearing" more from you both -
ReplyDeleteMuch love to you both, Joanie
Great to hear from you Dave !!!! Looking forward to hearing all the good news in the days to come.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to hear from you! I have been in Texas for a nieces wedding and have missed leaving a message for you. What a Thanksgiving to remember! Hooray!
ReplyDeleteWow, it's awesome that you were able to spend Thanksgiving at home. And it's great to see your post. Keep us updated on your progress.
ReplyDeleteAl Boor
Great to hear from the recovering patient first hand!
ReplyDelete-Sherrie Bass
I hope that you are making more progress now that you are comfortable at home! Bet you are looking forward to the kids being home. Reid is coming Dec. 19th. I am counting the minutes...We got our first snow today! We didn't get any in November. It is the first time in over 15 years that we didn't get snow in November! I am not complaining! :)
ReplyDeleteBrother Carroll, You have no idea how much your words touched me. I needed to hear them tonight. Thank you. You and your family continue to be in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteWelcome home Bro. Carroll. My heart was full as I read back through the posts and I don't have much to say - but I deeply felt your experience and recalled the turbulence of those days post-surgery. Dr. Friedman and all the staff at Duke are tremendously talented. It's been almost 22 months since Erika's surgery - she is healthy and strong, and she is embracing life and I know that you will as well.
ReplyDeleteI am so grateful to see your posts and your optimism. I look forward to seeing both of you again and sharing in your spirit.
Warmly,
Rich
Welcome home Dave!!! So glad to hea you are doing so well!! George
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are home with your family, I really enjoy reading the posts and you will continue to be in my prayers for a fast recovery. Sarah
ReplyDelete