8:30am - surgery started
12:30pm - still working on him; things are going well
2:30pm - surgery is coming to an end; they are wrapping things up; things are still going well with him. Dr. Friedman will be coming out to talk with me when it's over.
3:15pm - Dr. Friedman came out to talk with me. He feels the surgery went well. He feels the tumor is benign (which an official biopsy will confirm in about a week). He was able to remove almost all of the tumor except for a few residual spots attached to important veins that the doctor didn't want to disturb. This is a good thing, and he thinks radiation will stop those remaining cells from growing further. He said we'll know even more when David wakes up. This is all wonderful news and we are now starting the next positive phase - recovery! I'm excitedly waiting to see him. Thank you for your prayers! More to come....
8:00pm - I've been here in the ICU with David since about 6:15pm. He remembers me and the kids (phew!) and remembers lots of other things. Sometimes he forgets what year it is and when asked who the president is, answered, "Bill Clinton." They think once the anesthesia is fully worn off, his memory will keep getting better. His vision is blurred, but a CT scan didn't show anything unusual. We are just going to think positive and pray that gets better, too, with time. They are allowing me to stay until 10pm. Then I'll try to go home and get some sleep. I'll be back in the morning and let you know the latest.
We are praying hard!
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to let you know there were plenty of us in the temple praying for you this morning. I'm sure Dave's name was put on the prayer roll a dozen times today. Can't seem to get you off our minds. :-)
ReplyDeleteI am right there with you and Dave. You are constantly on my mind and in my heart.
ReplyDeleteWaiting anxiously for a new post!
ReplyDeleteAll of us here at Cisco are praying for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteGlad things are going well. Hope it is over soon. Still praying.
ReplyDeleteLeann, you and Dave have been in my thoughts and prayers all day.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the updates.
Thank you so much for posting updates all day. It was Dave Carroll Day at the temple I see. I felt great peace and assurance there. My prayers will continue for both of you. Delighted to read the words "things are still going well". Love and hugs! :D
ReplyDeleteLeann, I've been thinking about you and Dave all day, you're in our prayers. Thanks for keeping us updated.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear this. We send our love from Provo!
ReplyDeleteGreat news! I am breathing easier!
ReplyDeleteSo, so pleased and grateful. Have been thinking of you all day.
ReplyDeleteSo grateful for these many, many blessings...and grateful to see you looking so well Leeann. All of our love, Danny and Christy
ReplyDeleteGood news for sure--we are so glad!
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts and prayers are with you! I'm so glad the surgery went well. Keep up the postitive thoughts. Let us know if you need anything.
ReplyDeleteGinger and Bill Curlee
So glad to hear the great news!
ReplyDeleteHey Leann and Dave,
ReplyDeleteGREAT news!!!! glad the surgery went so well today. Our thoughts and rayers are with you :)
Take care, Liz, Reid and crew
Leann,
ReplyDeleteIf you want to check Dave's memory, ask him who's suppose to buy lunch the next time we go :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI, too, had you all in my thoughts all day yesterday, offering prayers that everything would go smoothly. Grateful to know that things went so well! Much love to you all!
ReplyDeletethankfull all went well yesterday. praying for complete recovery! margo & roger
ReplyDeleteWhile he is still wondering who is the U.S. President, tell him thanks from us for volunteering to chair the 2010 Apex Day of Service.
ReplyDeleteLove you guys!
Wonderful news !!!!! We are so glad that the surgery went well. These posts have been great.. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
ReplyDeleteSo happy that everything went well yesterday. You have been on my mind and in my prayers. I put Dave's name on the prayer rolls of the Fresno temple as well. Continued love and prayers as he begins his recovery!
ReplyDeleteAl and I are so happy that things are going well. We've been praying, praying, praying. We love you guys.
ReplyDeleteLeann, You and Dave are now on the Palmyra Temple prayer list. Hope all is going well today!
ReplyDelete